Home Health Care
Your health and vitality are among the most important things you have. Are you among the many maturing adults that have decided to remain in the comfort of your own home instead of moving to a facility? Do you help care for a relative or friend? If so, the following are selections of items for optimal care and safety in and around the house
- Bathroom grab bars and bath rails can be installed to prevent slips and falls.
- Bath seats can provide safety and comfort in the tub or shower.
- Anti-slip mats and bathtub stickers offer a more secure surface while bathing.
- Toilet seat risers and rails can help with positioning and getting up.
Personal care products
- Compression stockings and hosiery offer support and help with circulation and leg health.
- Approximately 3.3 million Canadians experience some form of urinary incontinence. Remedy’sRx carries a complete line of products to help provide comfort and protection.
- Ostomy products are available in specific sizing to ensure best fit, function and comfort.
- The correct shape and support level of pillows provide better, more restful sleep.
Post-surgery or post-injury items
- The right wound dressing is essential for proper healing.
- Fitted supports and braces can help stabilize you, aid in safe mobility, and make you more comfortable as you recover.
Condition monitoring at home
- Blood pressure machines, blood sugar monitors and other diagnostic products can help keep track of your health on a daily basis. Your Remedy’sRx pharmacist can help you choose an easy–to-use device and explain what your readings mean.
First Aid supplies
- Most people already have some basic first aid items at home, such as bandages, disinfectant and antibiotic ointment. We tend to keep these items for a long time, so be sure to check for and replace expired items.
There are a variety of health and safety products available to help improve your quality of life and make your home a safer place. For more information about these and other home healthcare products, or for a private consultation to discuss your medications, speak with your Carmi Remedy’sRx pharmacist in Penticton today!